It seems that everyone has an "inside" source for movie news these days. Cosmic Book News is claiming that their "inside" DC Entertainment source is feeding them loads of news about the upcoming Justice League film. Remember to take all of this with a huge grain of salt, but we wouldn't be doing our job if we didn't pass this information along (hey, they might be on to something). Before continuing on, remember that these are considered MAJOR SPOILERS! Continue at your own risk! (if you believe them)
The site is claiming that their "inside" source (isn't it funny when I put that in quotes?) has revealed that their will be a new Batman film in 2016, possibly an Aquaman film after that, and that Man of Steel will be the first in the shared movieverse.
- Superman will be the same guy from Man of Steel and will be portrayed the same way, but might not be Henry Cavill. Zack Snyder is consulting on the writing of the character in the film, which he has already denied having involvement in... The film also features a cameo from Lois Lane.
- Batman is the strategist of the group, but doesn't like hanging out with these people because they might be a little too powerful for their own good. Alfred Pennyworth will also make a cameo appearance.
- Wonder Woman has been in "Man's World" for a few months at the start of the film. There is a script being developed by MichaelGoldenberg for a Wonder Woman feature film that will be set before the start of this film.
- Green Lantern will be based on the existing Green Lantern film, but probably won't be Ryan Reynolds. The character will be freshly written with a more serious tone. (Why even base him off that film then?)
- The Flash loves the media attention he has been getting, but can be serious with the proverbial crap hits the fan. (sounds like Wally West)
- Aquaman will be the King of Atlantis and will play a key role in the film.
- Martian Manhunter has been living on Earth in secret for over 100 years and has inside information on Darkseid and his minions.
- There will also be loads of military in the film, which will more than likely include characters from Man of Steel and quite possibly Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett), though she isn't featured in the first script of the draft, but could be included in future rewrites.
- Darkseid's Elite (Kalibak, Glorious Gordon Godfrey, Desaad, Granny Goodness, Steppenwolf, and Virmin Vunderbar) will take on the League early on in the movie before the arrival of the man himself.
Well as you can see, there is a lot to digest in those spoilers, but like I said before, take all of that with a huge grain of salt.